• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant/leaf issues.

Nick potts

Hi All.

I am a couple a week or so into a dry start on a new tank, most things are going well except for one plant (sorry i lost the tag for this one and can't remember the name).

It has raised spots on the leaves, they kind of look like grains of salt or something.

Some info on the setup and plants

90x40x40cm aquarium
JBL pro scape soil and JBL volcano mineral substrate
Maxscpect razor 160W led and 2x24W t5 for lighting.

The tank is misted daily and water level kept under the substrate

The plants in question came from one of my emersed growing setups and had been in there at least 3 months.

Any help appreciated

20200822-112506.jpg

20200822-112318.jpg

These are leaf galls, it’s the plants reaction to a tissue invasion by either bacteria, fungus, nematodes, virus or response to mechanical damage by feeding insects. I would hazard a guess that it’s likely fungal due to it being in a dry start environment.

If you want to reduce the likelihood of fungus you can add a fungicide to the misting water that is fish safe, I infused my spray water with Protozin from Waterlife (others will do it’s just what I had on hand, it’s a malachite green formulation)

:)

Back