• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant Melt, Why has this happened?

Ah okay fab! This is all great news as I was close to spending £250 this morning and getting a twinstar haha. I'll get a complete food. You guys recommend the TNC Complete?

Also, I ordered a Ehim Surface skimmer. I think this should help with the flow rate. One hopes haha. I'll cancel my order for the Alkaline Buffer
TNC Complete?
TNC is pretty good value for money in the UK.
as for the skimmer, also increase the co2 a bit when you put it in, because skimmers gas off a fair amount.

TNC is pretty good value for money in the UK.
as for the skimmer, also increase the co2 a bit when you put it in, because skimmers gas off a fair amount.
Okay thank you! I'll take everything into account. I can't keep replacing these plants so I don't know what to do at this point though. I'll get better ferts but atm..... Shall I add more plants that'll get things moving quicker?

Hi all,
I've ordered Seachem Alkaline Buffer. Any advice here. All welcome. Thank you in advance!......... I'll cancel my order for the Alkaline Buffer
Yes <"send it back">, if you want raise water hardness? You can with cheap and <"easily obtainable chemicals">. The details (for how much to add) are at <"James' Planted Tank">.
The Kh test goes yellow after the second drop. I'm sure it says each drop is 17.5 degrees....
I guess it is <"17.5 mg/l HCO3"> as well, so that makes it ~2 dKH.
can't keep replacing these plants so I don't know what to do at this point though. I'll get better ferts but atm...
The plants you have should perk up, once they are getting <"the nutrients they need">.
Also you should/could add some floating plants such as Frogbit - that will keep a good gauge on your tanks fertilizer levels, as they take all the CO2 from the air and you can factor that out.
I'm a <"Frogbit fan"> as well.
want to roll your own
If you want a medium priced option, which doesn't involve buying the individual salts, then the horticultural fertiliser <"Solufeed 2 : 1 : 4"> is an option.

cheers Darrel

Careful with those, they’ve been known to suck up little critters.
Exactly. Have a look at the SunSun JY-03, which is a cheaper and probably better alternative. You will find different rebranded versions of this skimmer.

Back