• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant/Pot/Bunch

Steven E

Seedling
In the past i've always ordered plants from Greenline; Though now they are all but defunct i've been mainly looking at Aqua Essentials and The Green Machine for my new tank.

I did stumble upon Aquarium Gardening a couple of days ago which have a pretty good site in terms of stock, searching, filtering e.t.c...

My question is, what exactly is the difference between the options for the majority of their plants?

For example, Cryptocoryne balansae the options are as follows:
Plant (£0.90)
Pot (£2.25)
Bunch (5) (£3.50)
Bunch (25) (£14.50)

I'm assuming that 'Pot' means they will come in a pot with developed root systems.
Plant will be the same as above, minus the pot and roots

What i don't understand is the 'Bunch' options. Are these likely to be cuttings from a main plant, possibly a single stem (x5/x25) with a couple of leaves on it?

I may well have answered all my own questions here, but I just wanted to see if anyone here had an idea?

Thanks!
Steve

Steven E said:
I

I'm assuming that 'Pot' means they will come in a pot with developed root systems.

Steve

I thought this when I ordered from plants alive but all I got was a bunch of plants wrapped in glass wool and a pot, both of which were disgarded.

Glad to see this post as I was wondering the same thing.I like the look of this site,really appreciate actual photos.The prices seem really reasonable,but what are you actually getting compared to other sites?

Back