• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant Problem

Superman

I don't think, this post will have been viewed as much in my journal, so have added it here for discussion.

So new filter running for a couple of days, only been using 2 of the 39w T5s

Upped the ferts to..

Macro: 4.6g KNO3, 0.8g KH2PO4, 6.8g MgSO4 - dosed three nights a week
0.5g trace in the days in between the Macro

Since the lights I've had the following. What does this mean? Too much light?

2008-08-13002.jpg

2008-08-13003.jpg

The green spots identify this algae as Green Spot Algae (GSA). This is due to poor PO4. Add more PO4. It's tough to analyze the dosages without knowing the tank size. Was this a 180L?

Cheers,

Yeah, in a perfect world those numbers would work, but less than perfect flow as well as less than perfect CO2 will require an little bit more PO4. I'd up CO2 a little bit and double the PO4. Are those Anubias leaves? It's almost impossible to keep them free of algae after they age a certain amount, so I would just cut them off and carry on. That encourages the plant to produce more leaves.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Yeah, in a perfect world those numbers would work, but less than perfect flow as well as less than perfect CO2 will require an little bit more PO4. I'd up CO2 a little bit and double the PO4. Are those Anubias leaves? It's almost impossible to keep them free of algae after they age a certain amount, so I would just cut them off and carry on. That encourages the plant to produce more leaves.

Cheers,

Yes, Anubias leaves. The new leaves are showing no signs of algae. I'll cut them off.
I increased the CO2 today as my drop checker was on the blue side of green.
I'll double the PO4 as suggested.

Back