• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Plant Profile Suggestions.

dw1305

Expert
Staff member
Hi all,
They are usually not stabile (=going back to green, when growing on) and the more white/yellow, the less prolific growers (=lack of capability to do photosynthesis) . Most such shoots are taken from all green plants, supporting these white parts - when broken off, these all white/yellow parts usually starve to death (unless they switch back to green form).
That one.

<"Not keen"> personally. Because you can't graft Aroids (or other monocotyledons), you would need a stable variegation to build up a stock of variegated Anubias. If the source of variegation was viral then it would be difficult to <"tissue-culture the plant"> as well.

cheers Darrel

Mick.Dk

Hi all, That one.

<"Not keen"> personally. Because you can't graft Aroids (or other monocotyledons), you would need a stable variegation to build up a stock of variegated Anubias. If the source of variegation was viral then it would be difficult to <"tissue-culture the plant"> as well.

cheers Darrel
I've had really a lot of those variegata-forms of Anubias through the years - some spotted leaves, some all white leaves, some pure white and some yellowish white. They show up relatively often in production. I collect some of the more interesting looking specimens and check how well they grow on. To present day, I really have not found a single one, that have proven worthy of going into commercial production.
- and Darrel is spot on about TC culturing of course........:)