• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant recommendation

Jimmy

Hello, I’m looking for a carpeting plant which will grow in low light, my fluval flex 57litre has 10.8w LED. The one problem could be I have yo-yo loach so a little worried about them disturbing it before it gets chance to root itself.
Any ideas?

I've grown dwarf sagittaria and marsilea hirsuta in similar conditions and they did well. The dwarf sag can throw up the odd large plant but these are easily weeded out. Cryptocoryne parva also makes a really nice carpet but is very slow growing.

I saw your message while I was in the aquatics shop and they had a good looking crypt parva so went for that to blend in with the crypt wendtii also some weeping moss too which I’m hoping will grow down the right vertical driftwood
6A7608B4-ED06-4FB0-B1E9-DD844BA26BE0.jpeg

If you choose parva you will need to plant as many as you can, almost on top of each other or you will never see that carpet effect. It’s slow growing in CO2 so without it, growth will be extremely slow. It’s a pretty plant when it does carpet out though.

Awesome thanks, I’m only really using one of those small disposable C02 cans at the moment as my plants are pretty easy going but have thought of an upgrade

Back