• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plant selection

Nick16

hi guys,

im after a small plant for my mid tank section, its going to be like an iwugumi but without the rocks (wood instead)
i cant decide out of: i dont want it to grow more than 15cm really, as i will have dwarf hairgrass infront of it and i want the transition to be as smooth as poss.

Blxya Japonica
E.Tennelus
Sagitaria subulata

Any pros and cons of these plants?
like growth speed, heights, density?

any info or personal experiances would be super.

I think the only one that will stay small enough for you is the Tenellus - the other two will grow quite a lot more larger.

You could use all three to begin with and then see what the scape evolves into, depending on what you like best etc.

so its tenellus then chaps, thanks for the pointers.
what size does lilaeopsis brasiliensis gorw to?

Tenellus by far. ;)

You could always complement it with some L Brasiliensis though.

Nick16 said:
hi guys,

im after a small plant for my mid tank section, its going to be like an iwugumi but without the rocks (wood instead)
i cant decide out of: i dont want it to grow more than 15cm really, as i will have dwarf hairgrass infront of it and i want the transition to be as smooth as poss.

Blxya Japonica
E.Tennelus
Sagitaria subulata

Any pros and cons of these plants?
like growth speed, heights, density?

any info or personal experiances would be super.

Well I'd say Amazon Swords, but those grow over 30 cm in length over a year or more I suppose. I don't have super strong light so my swords don't grow super fast.

so does tenellus get tall then? i only want something small to go behind my hairgrass, something like the height of the blyxa in tonsers discus tank, - that looks sweet.

have you got any pics at all?
i plan to keep the hairgrass no taller than about 5cm, perhaps 3-4cm's. i take it the tenellus wil lgrow to about 7cm high?

or maybe i should use blyxa :mad: choices!!!!

Back