• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plant spacing

Gang@ukpas

last weekend i bought some callitrichoides Cuba - 3 pots from the TGM. Obviously I will divide the plants up into small clumps, can any advise on the ideal spacing of these clumps so it produces the carpet effect once established.

Regards

Paul.

It is best to plant it stem by stem to achive a quick carpet but can take an age to plant. Planting it stem by stem does mean you use fewer pots to cover an area.
Once I got a tropica pot of HC, used a razor blade to cut it into 6ths or 8ths and planted them about 2-3cm apart. It all depends on how much substrate area you want to cover and how quick you want the impact to be. The only problem I had with this method was making sure the bits stayed in the substrate!

I have just log on to tropica web site and they advise to cut the plants into 1cm square cubes inc. 1 cm cube of the rock wool and plant in a 10cm square area. You must have been in your tank all day doing each individual stem as there are a lot of stem.

Regards
Paul

Flyfisherman said:
I have just log on to tropica web site and they advise to cut the plants into 1cm square cubes inc. 1 cm cube of the rock wool and plant in a 10cm square area. You must have been in your tank all day doing each individual stem as there are a lot of stem.

Regards
Paul

Took me a few hours to plant my nano carefully, I think Steve too ages on his 90cm!

i did this via 1 cm cubes.

downonlife.jpg

planted.jpg

and that way ended up looking like this.....

_MG_0790-01.jpg

both ways work great, but single stem planting allows larger areas to be covered with a smaller amount.

a tad over grown i know.... :oops:

JenCliBee said:
sorry to but in, but is this cut into cubes with the rock wool? or with it removed?

thanks jen

Jen
Actual cut the plants and rock wool into 1 cm cubes and plant. If you log onto tropica web site there is a video to review explaning how to plant.

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
JenCliBee said:
sorry to but in, but is this cut into cubes with the rock wool? or with it removed?

thanks jen

Jen
Actual cut the plants and rock wool into 1 cm cubes and plant. If you log onto tropica web site there is a video to review explaning how to plant.

Regards
Paul.

Cheers m8, i'll go take a gander :)

Back