• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant stems melting

Voo

Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble with some of the stems on my plants melting. I have a large leafed (unidentified) crypt and my red tiger lotus that are having the issues. Both are growing near to each other in the tank on the left side.

8535748057_5ff20aacf7.jpg

The other crypts don't really seem to be affected. All plants have been in for over a year so it can't be the crypts getting established.

I dose 1/4 tbsp NO3, PO4 and Trace on alternate days. CO is going, not sure of the bubble rate as too quick to count. There does seem a lot building up in the filter (diffuser is under the filter inlet), but a drop checker on the far left is showing blue and other plants appear ok.

Could this be a deficiency of some kind? Or perhaps an anaerobic build up around the plants in question? Any help/ideas appreciated.

Hi mate,
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but this is an unmistakable sign of CO2 deficiency. Maybe give the tank a trim to improve flow/distribution and maybe up the injection rate a little.

Cheers,

Great, thanks :( I think I'll need to look into a new diffuser. It's all just building up in the filter now

Back