• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant storage tank

Lemonhands

Hey all,
Does anyone have any advice for how to create a plant storage tank to keep plants alive until are ready to be planted into a new set up, or even just running one long term?

Thanks in advance

If it's long-term you're after, maybe it'd be an idea to try and transition them to emersed forms in a high humidity environment. Something like an IKEA Samla storage box with a lid often suffices as a makeshift holding tank or probigator. That way they'll have access to atmospheric CO2 and will continue to grow. You could keep them indefinitely under such conditions, algae free. But they should survive a couple of weeks neglect submersed. Or just substitute your tank for a storage box and transfer all the equipment.

Take a look at @Courtneybst thread...

If it's long-term you're after, maybe it'd be an idea to try and transition them to emersed forms in a high humidity environment. Something like an IKEA Samla storage box with a lid often suffices as a makeshift holding tank or probigator. That way they'll have access to atmospheric CO2 and will continue to grow. You could keep them indefinitely under such conditions. But they should survive a couple of weeks neglect submersed. Or just substitute your tank for a storage box and transfer all the equipment.

Take a look at @Courtneybst thread...
Thanks! Yea i am thinking about keeping them emerged for a bit, i have a spare tank and light so was thinking i might be able to keep a light on for a few hours a day and a couple inches of water, then cover the tank in cling film, does this sound about right?
For some of the easier plants i am shutting down a separate tank, so i can essentially just keep that running with no fish in it, but just ferts and light until i am ready to use them too, but i dont have a co2 set up for that tank

This is a picture of the set up if anyone has any further advice

Attachments

• 20220707_223440.jpg
    20220707_223440.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 138
Back