• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Plant suggestions?

-Craig-

Hi all,

Sorry for a poor quality video, but it was the best i could do!

This is my first attempt at aquascaping, and while i know this is a long way away from being perfect, i'm some what happy with the layout / not planning to change it now, and looking to add plants soon.

Has anyone got some good suggestions on what plants might work well? I'm a complete novice when it comes to fully planted tanks! I do have c02 setup, just waiting on the diffuser to arrive.

With the way you designed the hardscape layout, which is Very dramatic... There is no Middle, its 0-100 real quick in terms of dramatic height.

I would use this to your advantage, and do a red/yellow/orange foreground to the leftmost of the scape, if not the entire front excluding the middle which you can try DBT in. I would recommend a rotala rotundfolia and H'ra mix as far as the foreground color i was talking about.

As far as background goes, that will be the most difficult part. I would try to not make it to much taller than it is now, because if you do it would decrease the depth. Currently using the layout you have to add to the dramatic effect you could try blyxa in between the rocks possibly, mixed with nano mosses such as fissidens sp.

Just my thoughts, you definitely have a challenging layout, good luck! im sure itll work out! just make sure to update us with the results!!!

Can you take some stills?

Front
Back (if viewable)
Sides
Top down

Back & sides you can't see because of where the tank is! These any good?

1.jpg
2.jpg

Back