• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant sway

Just wondering how much a plant/leaves should be swaying in the flow. I have two internals, fluval u3 600lph, juwel bioflow 500lph, 1powerhead 300lph and a koralia Evo 900lph. Some of hey hygro leaves fold over a when a burst of flow huts them. Also it's a 125 juwel Rio and the big juwel internal takes huge amount of space do you think just my fluval u3 would be enough in terms of bio and the powerhead + koralia adding to the flow?
Stock is:
2 Otto
4 black phantom tetra
4 x-ray tetra
10 cherry barbs
Thanks,

That's a topic I've been wondering about for a while, while circulation is good I don't think plants should move around too much. There's a video of Takashi Amano directing the setup of a large aquarium (Sumida I think) and he has his workers move the location of an outflow pipe because it would aim straight at plants and hinder their growth.

I've found next to none videos directly explaining and showing how they move tbh. I've read on here that flow over plants should be gentle but enough to blow off any detritus etc off the leaf surface to stop build up and increase photosynthesis which I can understand but obviously not to a degree the plants are bending over. I found this video
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/blog/tag/flow-rate
I just got a koralia evolution 900lph for a little push

Back