• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant to grow in open HOB filter

nayr88

Hello people

I'm looking for a plant that people have had success growing in a hob or could recommend one that may do well.

Cheers guy :)

Re: Plant to grow in open HOB filter

Virtually any pot plant but, spider plant & peace lily are classics.
If you mean a plant that we keep underwater then that is not so easy - possible, but it will need lots of attention as the dry atmosphere from you lights will just wilt the leaves .. you need to mist very regularly at first & then you need lots of trial & error to find which plant will survive.

@Foxfish -The peace Lilly looks really good and there not to demanding by what I've read ;) cheers mate

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
PM me after the festivities, I've got some emersed Hygrophila corymbosa you can have if you want it.
cheers Darrel

Ok DW thanks for that, your very generous mate :)

@easer-Ill have a look at that one you mention now and see what I thinks

Here are mine

2b2eae1eaa2751d232f06c75d0d5daf4.jpg

foxfish said:
Here are mine

2b2eae1eaa2751d232f06c75d0d5daf4.jpg

That is 'SICK' haha that exactly the look I'm after

I can send you some peace lilys if you want mate, I had some growing out of an aquaclear hob last year but im not using the hob anymore.

Palm Tree said:
I can send you some peace lilys if you want mate, I had some growing out of an aquaclear hob last year but im not using the hob anymore.

Mate that would be cracking! Let me know the dealio via PM

Do you think it's possible to have a bowl of water with mosses in then a plastic cylinder in the middle with filter media in and a peace Lilly planted into it?

The cylinder could be made with holes to allow water in.... Maybe wrapped in moss to make it look better...

That sound similar to how biorbs work I think, just with a wider diamiter uplift tube to put the peach lily in.

Back