• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planted Livebearer Tank

Hi @ytkara

A warm welcome from me too.

That's a heavily-populated tank that you have there. And may I complement you on the choice of sound track with your video? Beautiful music!

JPC :thumbup:

Hi @ytkara

A warm welcome from me too.

That's a heavily-populated tank that you have there. And may I complement you on the choice of sound track with your video? Beautiful music!

JPC :thumbup:

Yes, the population is growing day by day . I'm glad you like the music. Thank you:)

I have to complement that you have a nice aquascape. The foreground carpet and the mid and background stems look lush and healthy. What plants are they?

However, the high fish density and busy, chaotic motion is distractive. Nature aquarium folks value tranquility first, so they prefer low density, calm and schooling fish. It’s no wonder that live bearers are not popular in nature aquariums because, with no predators and dense forest to hide, live bearers can multiply out of control.

I am guilty of high density planted tank with large cichlid, along with active tetra and live bearing molly. Cichlid are effective predator of fry, so over procreation of live bearers is never an issue. Cichlid are slow moving fish, and a few active molly and tetra is not distractive but complementary.

I have to complement that you have a nice aquascape. The foreground carpet and the mid and background stems look lush and healthy. What plants are they?

However, the high fish density and busy, chaotic motion is distractive. Nature aquarium folks value tranquility first, so they prefer low density, calm and schooling fish. It’s no wonder that live bearers are not popular in nature aquariums because, with no predators and dense forest to hide, live bearers can multiply out of control.

I am guilty of high density planted tank with large cichlid, along with active tetra and live bearing molly. Cichlid are effective predator of fry, so over procreation of live bearers is never an issue. Cichlid are slow moving fish, and a few active molly and tetra is not distractive but complementary.

Thanks for this helpful message. Those plants are Hemianthus micra, Moss, Hygrophila corymbosa, Cabomba and coontail.

Contrary to general thinking, I like density aquariums more. They reproduced too much, so I bought stronger filter. I just want an aquarium with livebearer fish because I think this is healthier for fish.

If they reproduced too much I can sell them but I can't stand to feed my fry to Cichlid.

Your aquarium is really fantastic.

Back