• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planted "open bottom" tank.

I have been looking at that for ages and I still can't see how the water stays in the towers.
That is really great.

Its very easy how the water stays within the tower, Its like when you submerge a cup in a sink and the underwater turn the glass over and lift the glass above water level bottom side up, As long as there is a vacume the water will no escape, That to could be a disaster if the slightest hole apeared at the top. lol.

if the plant pearl will the gas replace the water in the tower that could make a mess

I can not be the only person who thinks this is a terrible idea? Sometimes being different isn't as good as actually being good. ;)

Garuf said:
I can not be the only person who thinks this is a terrible idea? Sometimes being different isn't as good as actually being good. ;)

For me I think its bizarre, rather bling and very 'niche' taste but I see no harm in pushing boundaries. The bloke who made it probably loves it :lol: :thumbup:

I like the first one as an idea and can see how it works... My worry would be the seal at top of the tower goes (how much weight do the sides support?), it loses vaccum, and you have a big mess... Looks nice and unique, though...

The second one I really like, but can't get the image out of my head of those little plastic sharks that kids stick to thier aquarium glass to make it look like its escaping...
1813_lg_detail.jpg

PS: Fore those interested in the first tank, here's a Google translation...

LondonDragon said:
I like the second one, but again maintenance and pruning is almost impossible once things grow in!!

I'm not sure that second one works on the bell principle you know... Looks to me like and open top, brace-less cube (admittedly filled with water to the brim) stood in a shallow tank for effect...

Back