• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plantedtanks.co.uk competition

Tom

Just noticed on the Planted Tanks newsletter that they are going to be starting a competition, if anyone is interested in a "UK contest". You have to enter through talkaquatics.com, and it starts on the 5th Feb. Sounds like they give the theme at the beginning, and you set up the tank on your interpretation of the theme. Looks like there's decent prizes too :D

Tom

I'm up for that :)

ill check the link in a little bit, what are the prizes them?

I've just signed up :D

Look forward to this, I wonder what the theme will be. I had a brief look around but couldn't find when the closing date would be?

Something for you doaqua cube possibly tom?

A prize fund total of £600 will be made available. This will be divided into three (3) prizes

First Prize: Dupla MultiControl #pn80262 - Prize value £360.00
New: now available with programming in seconds / interval function / pH 9 calibration / manual On/Off of the timer switched outlets / programmable continuous On/Off function of the timer switched outlets / additional reset for timer programming only. Aquarium computer with six-way socket for control of all key parameters in freshwater and seawater aquariums using a single device. Enables pH-controlled CO2 fertilisation, while the the water temperature is regulated by a fitted temperature sensor. The socket for ground temperature management is controlled by way of the variable diference to the water temperature and, due to an inverting function, allows a cooling device to be connected instead of the ground heating. Fitted with three time-controlled sockets for devices such as day/night lights, air and hydraulic pumps, or filters, which can be switched on and off up to 8 times per day.

Second Prize: Dupla Reverse Osmosis System RO 190 #pn80555 AND PlantedTanks Pro-Scissors Wave Prize value £155.00
Dupla RO190: Average output at 8-15° C and 2-4 bar pressure is 100-190 l raw water per day. Rejection rate of e.g. nitrates 92-97 %, sulphates 97-98 % and silicates 94-96 %. Including carbon filter, 5 µm fine filter, flow quantity limiter and including ¾ inch connection for water line.
Pro Scissors Wave

Third Prize: PlantedTanks Stainless Tool Set (168mm), containing Pro-Scissors straight, Pro-Scissors Curved & Curved Tweezers.Prize value £85.00

No cash alternative will be available. In the event of a product not being available, the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative with equal or greater value.
Prizes will be shipped by Royal Mail Special Delivery or alternate courier secured delivery. All deliveries will need to be signed for by the winner.
Prize values are correct at time of publication.

Yeah I see that, I'd be well chuffed to get a nice bit of critique let alone one of those priizes haha.
I wonder how many entries therell be, being UK only I think we the top 3 are the top 3 on the forum haha :( hopefully they'll go easy haha

Additional prizes have been donated by Johnny of AquariumPlantFood

In addition to the original stated prizes, the following will be sent:

First Prize: EI Starter Kit

Second Prize: 500ml Dosing bottle AND 6 packs of pre mixed Fertilisers

Third Prize: 500ml dosing bottle AND 3 packs of pre mixed Fertilisers

Its getting better :D

Things like this need to get picked up by PFK so a whole bunch of people enter and give sponsers and companies with decent planted tank knowledge get involved and do more comps.

George any idea who's judging it?? It wouldn't be you by any chance? :D

Only unreleased / unpublished work produced by an individual applicant is accepted.
well thats me out. :( My 90cm is still growing and the pics from this will be going in the IAPLC comp. Unless I can get my mini-m going in time

Back