• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planting Dry???

Dwarf-P.

Seedling
i am getting a 35litre arcadia arc tank which will house a dwarf puffer, and some shrimps, i want to plant this and i am going for plants like HC, P.HELFERI, java fern, i was wondering if it was best to plant dry without the water or wet with water in, my only concern with dry is that i dont want to spend 3 hours planting god damn it HC and then have it all ruined when i put the water in

ok but will the plants lift up with the water level as it would be pulling the longer leaves up to the surface?- or would this only happen to the plants that i havnt planted deep enough

Dwarf-P. said:
ok but will the plants lift up with the water level as it would be pulling the longer leaves up to the surface?- or would this only happen to the plants that i havnt planted deep enough

plant as deep as you can, max 2cm as there is no need for it to be deeper. You could also get some substrate and create a mound around the base which will help a little.
You could just add enough water to cover the substrate/ carpet plants - it may not be as bad then

Back