• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planting Eleocharis Acicularis question

CeeJay

Hi all.

I am having a rescape at the moment and need to pick your brains about the best way to plant Eleocharis Acicularis.
I have read conflicting information about whether to cut it right down to 1" high to start with, or do I trim off the top 1" :?.
I was just wondering what you guys with the experience do.
The stuff I have got was purchased submerged so the transition has already taken place.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

Hi Tonser

Thanks for the reply. I'll do that then.

Glenn
From what I can see between the Acicularis and Parvula they appear to be very similar, so I would have thought the same technique would apply. But as you may have worked out from the opening post, I'm no expert on this particular plant ............yet :lol:

Chris

Hi Tonser
Well I planted it like you advised and cut it all down to 1" high and the growth rate in the first week has been phenomenal.
Already showing signs that it's starting to spread and some strands have grown 2", and it's only been planted a week :wideyed:

Showing early signs of spreading.
IMG_3091.jpg

There's one strand to the rear right of this photo that I'm sure wants to live on the moon :lol:
IMG_3098.jpg

Anyway many thanks for your sound advice.

Chris

Back