• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planting HC

Hi,when you get your pot of HC remove from plastic pot cut off most of the wool media leaving about 1cm under the plant then cut into aprox 6 portions.Plant then into substrate using planting tweezers leaving just the top leaves showing.Should be fine depending on your substrate and the fish you have in your tank.There might be a video showing this in the media section.Cheers mark

It's a nightmare. I have some. MTS don't help things. Best way is to plant individual stems. But takes ages.

Did a 10 hour replant of a HC carpet the other month(just with stems) knackering but better than being at work!A lot depends on substrate you use i have never had a problem with HC coming out of the substrate using either method using JBL manando.If you have sand or maybe a too Large granual substrate you may have trouble oh and watch out for corydoras!Cheers mark

There's a very useful 'how to' video on this subject on The Green Machine's Youtube page
It should be a doddle one you get to view the clip. And also I believe the key to successfully planting HC is just to get the substrate damp (or moist) enough to plant, cover with newspaper or plastic bags and then fill the tank very sloooooooowly with an airline.
Good luck

No mate I have emptied the big tank and am getting rid of that one as need the space and time for the cube won't be long now though :)

There's a very useful 'how to' video on this subject on The Green Machine's Youtube page
It should be a doddle one you get to view the clip. And also I believe the key to successfully planting HC is just to get the substrate damp (or moist) enough to plant, cover with newspaper or plastic bags and then fill the tank very sloooooooowly with an airline.
Good luck

Cheers :)

Back