• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planting Tutorials

mfcphil

Where are all the decent planting tutorials?

With how best to plant your new plants....and what goes best with what and where

Cheers Paul

But what I was loking for was how people planted their plants...

I had a post recently where Clive had suggested my stems were too close together, so I was looking for pointers or advice on how other people do it...

how many stems together?
how far do they put them apart?
what position in tank?

that kind of thing

mfcphil said:
Cheers Paul

But what I was loking for was how people planted their plants...

I had a post recently where Clive had suggested my stems were too close together, so I was looking for pointers or advice on how other people do it...

how many stems together?
how far do they put them apart?
what position in tank?

that kind of thing

Phil

Stem plants are planted individually and approx 1 - 3" apart and as for position have a look at this web site - pick your position / difficulty rating and they advise what to plant.

http://aquarium-gardening.com/results.php?category=5

and

http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide.php

Regards
Paul.

Cheers Paul

I know its such a basic question but all you ever read is plant it mid fore or background or plant in bunch....sure you get what I mean :)

It depends on the look you're going for, and time you have to grow the scape you desire.

Amano plants his stems in tight groups, around 3-5 stems at a time with no space around them at all. You simply cannot achieve a lush thicket of growth any other way.

I am with james, depends on the look your trying to achieve in my kitchen tank i planted heavily and lots together to create a dense NA style scape. Compared to others on here i planted double what others have done, it depends on many factors, how quick you want to achieve the look and probably the most important one....cost!

Back