• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants are on the way. Any technical tips for hassle free planting?

si walker

Hi.
This has been a very long time in the making, so here I am asking a couple of last minute questions.
My AG order is placed and hopefully will arrive Monday/Tuesday.

Would you recommend planting into dry of damp/ wet soil?
I have a carpeting plant and stems. I was concerned about the stems just flopping over and lying there before filling up.
Whats the technique best used? It has been about 10 years since i have used the old pincettes!

Any tips gladly accepted.

Si

Would you recommend planting into dry of damp/ wet soil?
I find damp soil easier to plant in. I just give it a good spray first.
I have a carpeting plant and stems. I was concerned about the stems just flopping over and lying there before filling up.
Plant long stems last. It might help if you mark out where you'd like the plants to go first with bamboo skewers or the like, see image below...
Whats the technique best used? It has been about 10 years since i have used the old pincettes!
Hold the plant in the pincettes at an angle. Plant straight down and then open and withdraw the pincettes at an angle. That way you won't uproot the plant when you take the pincettes away. A sand flattener or the mark one finger can also be employed to hold the plant down if needs be ;)

And if you have in vitro carpet plants without too much root don't be afraid to partly bury the plant to anchor it. If the plants are in good health they will soon send out new shoots.

1597653757723.png

That is more help than i could have wished for! Thank you so much. Amazing.
Its funny but i have been planning this for a long time during lock down and now i have seen your picture i realise i have so much to learn.
Kind of dropping the dream a little and see it all as a growing journey. I have ordered a lot of plants, so at the moment im not quite sure how they will all fit in:p.
Thanks Tim!

Back