• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants from ebay: aquaticmagic

Spider Pig

Has anyone bought plants from this shop and if so what are they like? I've seen people have got co2 regulators from them before with good feedback. The prices look good and they even do free postage on some of the plants.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AquaticMagic_F ... idZ2QQtZkm

If you looking for plants, first post a topic in the "For Sale/Swap/Wanted" forum. Some users might have what you looking for and either give it to you or sell it really cheap.
I have used that seller only for glass ware, brought glass bubble counters and diffusors and also glass check valves.
Also purchased from them the mesh I used for my moss wall, but didn't get any plants off them.
They were good service and prices. specially when they accepted the silly offers I made for the stuff!

Never really had any probs with them. Currently waiting on an order of a rhinox 5000 and some needle valves :)

I've bought plants from them several times. They usually come with no leaves (depending on the species) as they just die in transit anyway. Crypts grow back and you skip the "melt" stage anyway ;)

I've just bought about £30 of plants from them along with two regulators and some diffusers. I'm hopeful they'll arrive in good condition soon... I forgot the drop checker though >.<

Hairgrass looks cheap from them... 27 pots for under £30. Would it survive transit though?

I have had some good plants from them, but i have also had some that were dead / mush on arrival and never recovered.
I think this was due to how long they were in the post. Usually they are in the post for about 4 days from AM, however the dead lot i got took 13 days to arrive from the shipping date.

I've had great results with their mosses and fissidens (sp?)
I had loads of hassle over a reg but thats all sorted now.
I've had Moss mesh, spiro diffuser, glass bubble counter, glass check valve, chamealeon drop checker and all good.
I had a CO2 reactor which was pants! I'd steer well away from that.

Cheers for the feedback. Will probably use them and greenline as probably getting a few other bits and bobs from aquaticmagic as well. Hopefully get a dodgy deal on the postage too.

Did the people who bout multiple items get a discount on postage? E-mailed them and they said they'd knock off 15% which seems a bit low to me considering they can send everything in the same box.

Brought some stuff from them before glass ware and meshes without any problems. Usually get free postage or maky silly offers that they usually accept.
Tried plants lately and they took two weeks to arrive, so arrived dead, not sure if I will buy plants from them again.

When you say making silly offers do you mean by e-mail and how silly- 50%? Only want to get mosses and perhaps anubias so hopefully should be ok.

Spider Pig said:
When you say making silly offers do you mean by e-mail and how silly- 50%? Only want to get mosses and perhaps anubias so hopefully should be ok.
They used to have a "best offer" button on all their BIN products which now have removed. So must email them now, and yes I have won stuff for half the BIN price!

Back