• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plants have started going brown help please!

The issue with the drop checker has been sorted now and the eleocharis is growing nicely but what is this difficiency with my hc?

20120718342.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-18

Hi yes it is close to the front corners it is abit shaded also the hc that has the most light is not that bad.i just hope its not light as i cannot do any further mods.

Hi Tim iv been doing waterchange every day for the 1st week and i have cut down to every other day now in my second week,i have read it might be due to high ammonia in the water,could it be something to do with activated carbon in my filter?

itll be the ammonia leeching out of the aquasoil mate can go on for a while what % waterchange were you doing think most people recomend at least 50% but you can go as high as 90% try going big waterchange trim out melted plants and try to encourage new growth keep co2 high and hc should bounce back with a bit of luck have you added any livestock yet

Whos good at growing HC :rolleyes:

5e0f1a87-e218-52a6.jpg

5e0f1a87-e23e-0220.jpg

I was thinking along them lines as the light apparently struggles to get down there. I wasn't aware of any mods. A full tank shot with location shown should help a tad!

If nutrients are all dosed in Ei index
Methods and co2 is looking adequate, as too is filtration. This must relate to lighting being unable to hit the spot due to the beam angle of the LEDs.

He also states, the HC closer to the light source is doing better than that shown.

I'm only an amatuer, but Im sure someone here will be able to hit the nail on the head.

tim said:
itll be the ammonia leeching out of the aquasoil mate can go on for a while what % waterchange were you doing think most people recomend at least 50% but you can go as high as 90% try going big waterchange trim out melted plants and try to encourage new growth keep co2 high and hc should bounce back with a bit of luck have you added any livestock yet
Tim im doing about 60% water change and i keep ontop of this i dose ei and easy carbo everyother day.

sr20det said:
Any pics?

I think Whitey89 might be on to something, with light. they do need strong light.
hi i got pics posted in my journal.

rehman73 said:
The issue with the drop checker has been sorted now and the eleocharis is growing nicely but what is this difficiency with my hc?

20120718342.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-18
This is image is a symptom of poor CO2 at the substrate level. The mechanism of failure is photoinhibition and internal radiation poisoning due to too much light. The plant is starving to death because of an inability to produce carbohydrates.

Reduce the light intensity, increase CO2 injection rate or add liquid carbon and improve your flow/distribution to the substrate.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
rehman73 said:

20120718342.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-18
This is image is a symptom of poor CO2 at the substrate level. The mechanism of failure is photoinhibition and internal radiation poisoning due to too much light. The plant is starving to death because of an inability to produce carbohydrates.

Reduce the light intensity, increase CO2 injection rate or add liquid carbon and improve your flow/distribution to the substrate.

Cheers,

See, completely wrong end of scale.
Thats why he is the man.

I did kind of barge in without checking specs properly and mentioned that because EboEagles I believe had issues in the very corners of the edge.

Now you know the answer, I expect a full grown carpet by the weekend.

:lol:

ceg4048 said:
rehman73 said:

20120718342.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-18

Cheers,
Thanks Clive,i can increase the c02 and flow but if i reduce light intensity then i will get dark spots in the tank also the hc that is under higher light is doing well so im just a little confused here.

Back