• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants - No Co2/Ferts, Only Gravel Substrate, Hardy etc etc

skinz180189

Hi all.

Did a quick search but didn't find what I wanted (man search ;)). Basically, I'm wondering if there are any hardy cheap plants that can survive without CO2, Fertiliser, and in a gravel only substrate? Ideally I'd like them to be hardy and low maintenance if such plants exist. I do have an air stone which the mollies in my tank enjoy playing around, so I'd like to keep that. My tank setup can be found in my signature below. Lighting is currently unknown, although I presume it will say on the bulb?

Air stones and bubbles are generally bad as they drive off what little CO2 is in the tank to begin with. There is no plant on the Milky Way Galaxy that can survive without some amount of CO2 and nutrition, however in a non-enriched tank many plants including ferns, crypts, Anubias and many stem plants can do well without enrichment. Carpet plants typically don't do well without some form of CO2 enrichment. As long as the light is not too high this shouldn't be a worry.

Cheers,

Back