• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants showing nutrient deficency

steveninaster

Hi, I'm hoping you could give me some advice as I'm unsure of my dosing regime.
I used to dose 5ml Leaf Zone every other day and 5ml easycarbo every day to a heavily planted 150ltr tank 1.5wpg. Nitrate 10ppm, Phosphate 1ppm, pressurised CO2 20-25ppm, Plants fine,algae minimal. When the Leaf Zone run out I changed to proFito.

Since the change small holes have appeared in older anubia leaves which have spread and become brown spots, also BBA has appeared on some of the other anubia leaves which guess is due to the damaged leaves. Looking through the list of nutrient deficencies I think it's potassium. I've started dosing proFito daily to increase nutrient levels and have ordered some potassium carbonate from aquaessentials. I've also stopped dosing Easycarbo to try and reduce nutrient uptake from the stem plants . Is this likely to help, could my analysis be wrong and what else could it be?

Thanks for any help,
Steve

Sounds like you're missing NPK (nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium).

With your light, CO2 and planting your plants may be starving of nitrates and phosphates.

Profito is an excellent trace/micronutrient supplement but consider dosing EI too.

Check out Clive's superb article - http://www.ukaps.org/EI.htm

BBA is usually caused by poor CO2 levels and/or distribution, so address these too.

Once you've sorted your CO2 and EI dosing, you won't look back.

Back