• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plastic mesh for moss wall??

I've used the one above from Aquatic Magic to great effect. You can get the same stuff from B&Q but you'll also need suckers and mini zipties so the cost might even it's self up.

My advice from experience is, because i wanted something that looked like a moss wall right from the start, not to use the sandwich method.

Instead i used a very firm and rigid plastic base (i got white and regretted it straight away - if you can find brown or green then all the better)

I covered the front with 5mm black netting and then took some time to 'sew' the moss onto the netting. I used a clear strong thread we use to stretch cross stich over a mount frame. so you can't see its there and it doesn't degrade in the water (yet!)

Picture of what i ended up with, hope it helps (its mounted using small suction cups). Sorry i don't have the links for the products i used because i bought most of it on the high street.

CRW_3517.jpg

Back