• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please critique my scape

Surya

Here is my unusual attempt at an actual scape rather than a jungly mix of random plants thrown in! I want something lower maintenance and like George Farmerish stuff. Criticism and advice welcome. Thanks in advance.

Fluval Roma 240 (240 litres), 120cm L x 40cm W x 50cm H, established 18 months, nice stable system
Pressurised CO2 via FE and full Aquarium Gardens system
Excel for hair algae control (worked a treat)
Fluval Plant 3.0 7 hours daily
Unipac Samoa Fine sand
Livestock: bolivian rams, tetras, hatchetfish, pencilfish
Plants: E. Bleheri, E. Barthii, anubias, java fern, trident fern, C. Wendtii green, (all newly planted except the E. Bleheri monster)

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_233057748.jpg
    IMG_20190808_233057748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 223
Looks like you've got some super healthy plant growth there :) ill offer a couple of thoughts for you to consider...

The area of sand between the island's is quite central it would be nice to have it a third of the way across the length of the tank for better aesthetics. To achieve this, use the pebbles on the right island and move them over to the left a bit to narrow the gap.

I would also move some of your swords to the back right to balance the scape out.

But its a nice looking tank, you don't mention your fertilisation regime?

Thanks, that's really helpful :)

I use full EI fertilisers from Aquarium Plant Food (starter kit still going strong after a year!). Plus a Seachem Flourish root tab under the swords.

I'll try adjusting the pebbles as you say, good idea.

It's actually just one massive sword on the left (I used to have three of the same size but had to get rid of two, they were phenomenally gigantic... I've attached a "before" shot!) I've planted an Echinodorus ozelot in the back right corner which will hopefully grow up to be big but I agree it looks empty at the moment. Tempted to get an XL plant for some instant impact but not sure if I should just be patient instead and wait for the growth I saw before to resume...

Attachments

• IMG_20190701_171552013.jpg
    IMG_20190701_171552013.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 108
Back