• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please help identify algae.

smoil

Seedling
Hi,
This is my new tank 6 weeks old and since last week I have there this algae. https://imgur.com/a/BUTxGu9
Light 5h and I am dosing liquid CO2. Anybody knows what algae is it? Maybe dead green algae because of that liquid CO2? Thanks
Ph 6,8
Kh 4-5
Gh 5-7
NO2 0
No3 25

Staghorn algae? Does it feel gritty to the touch?

Common in new set ups due to ammonia spikes. Adding more plants will help to eat up excess nutrients. That and more water changes and clearing organic waste, melting plants etc.

Staghorn algae? Does it feel gritty to the touch?

Common in new set ups due to ammonia spikes. Adding more plants will help to eat up excess nutrients. That and more water changes and clearing organic waste, melting plants etc.

It's more like slime. Can't it be diatoms?

May be wrong but it looks like diatomaceous algae to me, very common in relatively new setups, keep on top of house keeping, water changes, clean filter etc, and it should disappear eventually. If the tank has cycled and the CO2 is stable introduce a clean up crew - Otos, and Amonaos will make short work of it.

Thanks. Looks like diatom algae.

May be wrong but it looks like diatomaceous algae to me, very common in relatively new setups, keep on top of house keeping, water changes, clean filter etc, and it should disappear eventually. If the tank has cycled and the CO2 is stable introduce a clean up crew - Otos, and Amonaos will make short work of it.

It'a gonna be Cherry shrimp tank so I dont really want to buy any otos + its just 10g.

Back