• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please help to ID bucephalandra plants

sgdiscus

I bought these two pieces from a LFS. But they did not know what is the name of the buce plants. I was wondering if anyone here could help me?

Attachments

• 20160913_204859.jpg
    20160913_204859.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 20160913_203157.jpg
    20160913_203157.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 132
Have a look through the below!
Bucces are very similar so quite hard to identify!
http://ukaps.org/forum/threads/bucephalandra-all-in-one.26970/
hoggie

Thanks Hoggie! I certainly did go through that and tried to compare pictures side by side. Really tough since they are really similar. I also read one paper published in 2014 by Wong and Boyce.

So now I am hoping my buce will flower and from there it will be easier to identify (hopefully).

I also read one paper published in 2014 by Wong and Boyce.

This one?
http://www.aroid.org/gallery/boyce/...rg10.3372wi.44.44201] - Wong & Boyce 2014.pdf

A very common in the european trade for some time is the Bucephalandra sp. sekadau for other sp. you realy need to drill for other sources then regular lfs. I believe Dennerle which supplies regular lfs took a few in it's collection this year, a Buce sp. Wavy leave and a Needle leave.. Seeing the pic and and if found in a regular lfs, which i guess it is or els they would have know a bit more about it and likely do not have special sources supplying them.. The chances are high it's a Sekadau also oftenly offered with the name Green wavy.. :)

Yup! That piece of research. From Wong & Boyce (2014), looks like the surer way of identifying the buces are through the flowers since the colour of the leaves tend to change based on the water conditions. But I stand corrected as I am a novice and just starting my journey in buces.

Back