• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PLEASE HELP - WHAT T8 TUBES TO BUY?

ukapstt77

Hello

I have a 55g (48x15x18inches) tank and I'm going to fill it with plants. I bought a Starter Unit that supports 2 40w tubes. I need to know what's the best t8 tubes I can buy for this set up?

I've been looking at useing both Juwel Daylite and Warmlite together or maybe 2 HAGEN T8 FLORA-GLO FRESHWATER PLANT GROWTH BULBs

Would I be better off buying 2 Marine White lights/tubes as these put out 15000k (The plant tubes I've seen are only 4000k)

Please help

idealy you want daylight temps 6-6.5k.

I got phillips ones in this range for about £7 each on lampspecs.co.uk

chrisfraser05 said:
idealy you want daylight temps 6-6.5k.
There is nothing ideal about any bulb. Colour temperature is completely irrelevant.

ukapstt77 said:
danmil3s said:
what do you think looks pretty.
Sorry I don't know what you mean?
What Dan means is that get whatever bulbs you think will be pleasing to you . The plants don't care what colour or Kelvin you select.

Have a look at the thread http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=555 which give examples of the various colours of typical bulbs and simply pick the colours that you find most pleasant. The plants will figure out the rest.

Cheers,

Thx Guys for all your help

I've decided to buy a T8 Arcadia Freshwater Lamp and a T8 Arcadia Original Tropical Lamp which they say will bring out the greens of plants and the red stripes of my Fahaka Puffer fish

Back