• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please help with this growth!

FishKeeper55

I'm having a problem with this growth in the picture below not sure but is this what you would call diatoms? looks fluffy brown, I have been trying to remove as much as possible but keep regrowing within 48h :banghead:, is low tech setup with regular water changes, lights on about 6h a day, only have 1 beta and 5 red cherry shrimps. I have cleaned the rocks now by removing them but trying to remove this from MC is a bit hard. Plant food still use clomobo 1ml daily, not sure what to do next :(

20200828-195124.jpg

Instead of 100%, switch the light intensity to 60%. Also get limnobium laevigatum for some shade and to remove excess nutrients out of the water in a fast way.
Keep removing the diatoms manually aswell.

Hi [mention]FishKeeper55 [/mention] how is your brown algae?

I had similar algae in my aquarium from if I recall correctly week 3/4 to week 11/12. It was really disheartening as it kept coming back over and over again after I siphoned it out. But then over a matter of days it disappeared. I haven’t seen any for weeks now. You can see what advice I was given and what steps I took in my journal. Afraid I am not sure how to give you a link using this app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back