• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plec Pics

johnny70

oh and a couple of tetra's:D

Any thoughts on how to get better with pics? I have standard Juwel lighting to get these nothing more.

Shots were done with a Canon 400D some with a Canon 90-300 for the really shy fish and Sigma 28-80 (with macro) for the close in shots.

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5722.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

There are some nice captures, but you need to look at experimenting with the camera`s white balance. All the pictures have a very yellow cast.

You may want to try for a sharper focus too.

The fish have been nicely framed though. You have far more patience than me for photographing fish tanks.

Dave.

Thanks Dave :)

The whole tank has a yellow cast, the lights seem to give that kind of hue off, the WB is set to auto, so I'll try with a non moving subject in the tank to see how that all works out :D

As for the focus, they all look perfect when I take them :?: :?: :?: must be my glasses, maybe time for a new prescription :D :D

JOHNNY

Do you shoot in RAW or JPEG? If you use RAW, you can fiddle around with the white balance after you've taken the shot.
I have the same camera as you and I use the Digital Photo Professional software that came with the camera to alter the WB

JPEG. Never used RAW wouldn't know where to start :wideyed: :wideyed:

I use Photoshop 7 normally just for cropping etc. Can RAW files be opened in PS?

JOHNNY

PS7 doesn`t handle RAW files, unfortunately.

Try adjusting the colours using Image/Adjustments from the menu at the top of PS7. I used to process my JPEGS on PS7, and it is a fairly powerful program for processing. Since I switched to RAW, I have had to start using CS3.

Dave.

Cool, is CS3 similar to PS then? is it as easy to use?

I have been thinking of getting some lights to increase light in the tank when doing pictures, I saw the 'Studio Lighting' thread that Dan put up and that got me thinking ;)

JOHNNY

Not sure Arron, would expect it would, will check when I get home.

Right I have the same shot, one is done through PS5 the other through CS3(remembering this is the 1st time I have used it :wideyed: )

Which looks better, I know which one I chose

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5784-1.jpg

No, 2nd pic for me too, I like that its not so yellow, TBH I hadn't really noticed how yellow the tank actually looks :oops:

Back