• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pogostamon helferi

bazz

i've just noticed some small brown patches with holes beginning to appear in the bottom leaves, they are getting plenty of co2. i would have thought they are lacking one or two of the nutrients as i am at present using a proprietary fertiliser. is there anything this plant requires a lot of? i will be going over to the ei system shortly once i have everything, but in the meantime is there anything i could do?
cheers and thanx,
bazz!

I'd suggest low nutrient delivery to the lower leaves, I had it when the plant was under a dead spot, I up rooted them trimmed them back removing everything that looked unhealthy and moved my filter outlet so that it gave better nutrient delivery to the substrate level.

bazz said:
i've just noticed some small brown patches with holes beginning to appear in the bottom leaves, they are getting plenty of co2. i would have thought they are lacking one or two of the nutrients as i am at present using a proprietary fertiliser. is there anything this plant requires a lot of?
Hi, yes, this plant requires a lot of CO2. Holes in plants and browning unilaterally indicates that there is poor CO2. If you are certain that your injection rates are acceptable then the issue might be poor local flow.

bazz said:
i will be going over to the ei system shortly once i have everything, but in the meantime is there anything i could do?
Yes add either liquid carbon, and/or increase the CO2 injection rate and/or reduce the lighting intensity and or adjust your flow distribution technique.

Cheers,

Back