• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pogostemon erectus

John Starkey

Hi all,just got myself a couple of pots of the above,i have looked at the tropica site but can,t find the info i want,does anyone know if this plant is treated the same as any other stem plant,cuttings can be planted,is it best to plant individual stem,or bunch them up,i suppose it depends on the look i want?,
thanks for any feedback,
regards,
john.

Just treat it like any other stem pal, like P. stellatus or similar.

I planted this stem-by-stem to ensure enough light is available, roughly 2cm between stems.

It's a beautiful stem plant. Not very "Nature Aquarium" IMO due to its ornamental and very tidy appearance. Suited more to a formal layout I would say. I used it in my 80cm Dutch-style - the stem plant two thirds to the right in the fore-midground.

5294176834_be729e2ab3_z.jpg

I cant bloody grown the stuff, tried twice now and it slowly just falls apart. I think my shrimps like eating it.

Light and CO2 aint the problem either.

It annoys me as its a lovely looking plant!

Andyh

I found my sae's loved to munch on this
Matt

I planted the two pots yesterday,I am using it as a background plant so all put in individually,hopefully it will turn out as nice as George lot,I have just 18 w over this 60ltr so let's hope it's enough light

John

It's the co2 that's supposedly important, Oliverknot has a 30l with 9w's growing it fine.

Back