• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Pogostemon growth tips?

kschyff

Hi there,
I have ordered some invitro pogostemon plants and have failed in the past to grow these successfully (with amazonia, co2 etc.). Are any specifics that I should be paying attention to with these plants?

castle

I think these are just for soft water? never had any success with them with hard water.

Garuf

Which ones? I have yatabeanus, helfri, stellatus, gayi, and “octopus” in my “big” tank and other than being total co2 fiends they don’t seem that fussy of anything.

Erectus however I have been unable to transition - not even once but if castle is right my water is liquid rock so it would make sense.

KirstyF

Which pogostemon are you referring to? I grow helferi in 12gh/12kh with EI dosing and Co2. They don’t grow/spread very quickly but they are doing fine. Original plants were in-vitro.

I’m using tropica substrate but at least one of the offshoots has come up in adjacent sand.!

I also tried one of them as an epiphyte but it melted entirely so not a great success.

xZaiox

Erectus however I have been unable to transition - not even once but if castle is right my water is liquid rock so it would make sense.
For what it's worth I have a big bunch of pogostemon erectus in my tank with roughly dKH 10 and dGH 20, and that hasn't seemed to bother it at all. It did take a little while to become established, but now it grows quickly and healthily. I dose EI and maintain high CO2 levels.