• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

poisoning shrimp

mjw1476

i got some dry ferts from AE but am yet to use the trace mix as it says that it contains come copper. i know its only a minimal amount but know they are very sensitive. is it safe?
also my shrimp havent come out of a hollow log near the filter inlet since the 1st day, now day 4. is this common? i got them to much some algae i have on the opposite side of the tank. ive got 20 cherries for the colour and 3 huge amanos from wholesale aquatics at the weekend but havent done anything.
another slight worry is that ive found the 'shells' of a few cherries and 2 amanos, is it common for them to shed when they are in a new tank?
cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

I used to have the cherries in my main tank and they did well and were breeding, thats with full CO2 and dosing double the amount of dry salts recommended for my tank and EasyCarbo.
How long have you had this tank setup? My cherries hide most of the time if they see me coming. But when I drop some pellets in the front of the tank they all come towarsd them to eat.

Shrimp usually shed in new water or when you perform a water change, never remove the shells, they will eat them.

well the tank has been setup for 3 years but only rescaped about 3 weeks ago, over christmas. ill try and put the pellets at the front. there does seem to be one brave fella thats always out, spose ill just let them grow in confidence and see what happens. so i take it they are fine with the trace mix?

mjw1476 said:
o i take it they are fine with the trace mix?
I used the AE trace mix with mine before without any problems. I don't dose it in my shrimp tank though, but they did fine in the main tank.

Back