• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Polish to English Translation required

Hi dean, I am not sure if you are still interested, but I've just came across your post and can translate it for you.

He soaks sponges in 1L of water with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (doesn't have to be exact). He says, for the worms to thrive, they need a neutral or slightly alkaline environment. I am assuming that baking soda raises ph of water, although he doesn't go into detail.

To feed them, he uses a mixture of ground fish food (or dog food) and yeast. The little packet he picked up was Dr Oetker dry yeast used in baking. He sprinkles the appropriate amount of food on sponges and sprays it with water. You have to start feeding small amount at first, and then increase. You want to feed them only what they will eat each day. Overfeeding will lead to mould.

Don’t tell me you’ve seen the light @dean . Bet you watched Eurovision too! :thumbup::lol:

Last time I watched it we won
So that tells you I’ve not watched it this century

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, a film about how to grow a grindala. For the first time, Grinadala separated from her kennel his larger cousin in the 1950s Mrs. Morten Grindal (hence the name), which earlier became famous for the development of methods of breeding a vasewife. The popularity of grindali consists of several factors. First, it grows to a maximum of 10 mm (usually 5-8 mm) long and reaches 0.5 mm in diameter, making it an ideal food for fry (at the time when artemia, micro nematodes, banana worms are too small) and small species fish - meat- and omnivorous. Second, its nutritional values are very good: protein - 70%, fat - 14.5%, minerals - 5.5%, carbohydrates - 10%. In addition, his breeding is very simple. We feed the fry most often from the 10th to the 15th day, depending on the species (in principle, when artemia becomes too small), usually when it reaches a length of about 10 mm. When feeding adult fish, this food should not be given more often than once or twice a week. There are two breeding methods. One is based on culture on the ground / coconut fiber and the other on the synthetic substrate - sponge. Grindal tolerates a wide temperature range: 20-30 ° C, so room temperature is sufficient. The optimal temperature is 22-25 ° C. As food for grindal we use: dry food for dog / cat, fish food and dry yeast (I grind all food for a fine powder, add dry yeast and use it in this form). this food should not be given more often than once or twice a week. There are two breeding methods. One is based on culture on the ground / coconut fiber and the other on the synthetic substrate - sponge. Grindal tolerates a wide temperature range: 20-30 ° C, so room temperature is sufficient. The optimal temperature is 22-25 ° C. As food for grindal we use: dry food for dog / cat, fish food and dry yeast (I grind all food for a fine powder, add dry yeast and use it in this form). this food should not be given more often than once or twice a week. There are two breeding methods. One is based on culture on the ground / coconut fiber and the other on the synthetic substrate - sponge. Grindal tolerates a wide temperature range: 20-30 ° C, so room temperature is sufficient. The optimal temperature is 22-25 ° C. As food for grindal we use: dry food for dog / cat, fish food and dry yeast (I grind all food for a fine powder, add dry yeast and use it in this form).

Last edited:
Back