Pond filters?

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by Themuleous, 4 May 2008.

1. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

25mm eheim double tap connectors are 45quid each! :wideyed:

3. Arana

Arana Member

Sounds like a good idea mate, as long as they are not to big :)

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Having looked into it, it seems that these have to have a pump inside the pond i.e. don't have their own pump so wouldn't work very well. Will have a look next time I pop in somewhere and check. Shame, as they would be ideal!!

Sam

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

might be interesting with a seperate tank hidden away with a pump in it maybe? Like a sump. But then, why not have a sump I guess :rolleyes:

6. JamieH

JamieH Member

Why can;t you just buy an eheim external pump off ebay? That will connect to the filter and some nice glassware!

7. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

They do need another pump Sam and are designed to be fed by a pump then return (although I can't see why you couldn't pull water through them with a pump plumbed after the filter rather than before and make them work like an external). If you did I'd keep with the pond kit and go for a small Oase Aquamax pump which can run emersed aswell as submerged and are very energy efficient. I have one running my quaratine pond filter and it does a great job on 600 gallons!!!

They do rely on sponge cartridges though. Why not really embrace pond technology and go with a bubblebead or K1 type filter that cleans itself? ;)