• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

poor gold fish

A day of entertainment for old and young in Shenzhen, China is going to a "park" which shows you how a farm works, with cows, pigs, horses, all kinds of plants and of course there's a pond where you can catch your own gold fish....
20150418_131102_zps1nem4erb.jpg

YES...really....
Dirty water up to 30 degrees Celsius where many kids and parents or grandparents try to catch a fish...some buy a little plastic tank in which they can bring the fish home in order for them to slowly die...others ...well....NOT
20150418_131054_zpsjo3axldf.jpg

Can't help but feeling sorry for all those poor gold fish. I did see many already dead along the path back to the entrance (exit) of the park.....:grumpy::mad:...those are not the moments that I like China.

Another fun filled family day out...
Perhaps not the best direction to take this conversation in an open forum but I'm curious nonetheless. What is it about their culture that makes this OK?

Another fun filled family day out...
Perhaps not the best direction to take this conversation in an open forum but I'm curious nonetheless. What is it about their culture that makes this OK?
Not meant to be a personal dig but before we start pointing fingers,we need to get our own house in order.
At the last 'fun' fair I went to,goldfish in plastic bags were hanging in the sunshine,waiting to be won.

Not meant to be a personal dig but before we start pointing fingers,we need to get our own house in order.
At the last 'fun' fair I went to,goldfish in plastic bags were hanging in the sunshine,waiting to be won.

:what: Sorry to say Its band in England has been for years :thumbup: But like everything:rage::rage::rage::rage: People only think about there lives and Money :grumpy:And don't care or don't give a F$%%$££% Sh %%&* About anyone or anything nowadays Sorry I am old and do care:)

Another thing when people walk there dogs then pick up the Sh%^*( put it in a plastic bag Then hang it on a tree What is going on in there head!!!!! NOT A LOT :rage::rage::rage:
Rant over. Looking at my Scape Now :D:cool::cool:

Absolutely no judgement intended, just genuinely curious to discover if there really is a significant difference in our cultures...and what that might be. Is culture too general a statement even...is it more of a socio-economic phenomena, educational issue, or perhaps regional etc?
And I thought Martin might be best placed to offer an opinion.
To most of us in this country it seems somewhat anachronistic...even before 2006 when the days of seeing goldfish in bags at fairs were officially numbered.

Hi all,
I've never been to China, but we had 2 exchange students from Suzhou stay with us for 4 months last year. They liked our cat (Minnie), after some initial wariness (but had no interest in the fish tanks, museums or the natural environment), but they found it really strange we had kept her for "so long" (we've had her for about 4 years), "didn't we want another different pet now?"

I said to them that she was like a member of the family and would live with us until she died, which hopefully wouldn't be for quite a long time (she is a rescue cat, so we don't know how old she is). They found this really strange. I don't know if it is because they come from a city which is continually growing and changing, or whether it is a more widespread cultural thing.

cheers Darrel

Back