• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Possible relapse (formely called "Urgent help please")

Hi @Angelfishguy99

That's diabolical. No doubt the plants in the store were in the plant tank - well removed from any livestock.

JPC
I bought them from ZooAqua | Make your Aquarium irresistible

No where on their site did they mention anything about their plants being treated with pesticides/fungicides. So i was furious, in the past when buying plants online a lot of sellers mention on their site about warnings with shrimp etc. I took screenshots of their entire website and not one mention of anything until the day i complained then they added it in their terms and conditions which can be seen here (last bullet point)

1615246519843.png

Day i complained
1615246498431.png

They basically said it was my fault for buying potted plants and that i should know because every aquariust knows that potted plants are treated with pesticides

I was also told that tropica say the same thing about their potted plants and only invitro are safe.

1615246803030.png

I have never had any problem with Tropica potted plants over the years with shrimp at all.

Also sorry OP for hijacking your thead

They basically said it was my fault for buying potted plants and that i should know because every aquariust knows that potted plants are treated with pesticides
Yea, and what if you are new to the hobby! Fools:mad:

Treatment number one seems not to have worked so now I'm changing to treatment number 2.
Did you start a second treatment confusedman?

It certainly looks like white spot (ich) but to be honest I've never seen the spots so big.
Are the other fish infected in the same way, or maybe they have smaller salt like dots on them.

It certainly looks like white spot (ich) but to be honest I've never seen the spots so big.
That's what I thought, until I realised how big the fish is in the pic. Then I thought they could be normal sized white spot after all.
Mollies are susceptible to white spot, often get it before their tankmates.
If not white spot it must be something similar, I would expect eSha Exit to work.

The Molly is like 4 cms long but I tried to get a close up for you to be able to see it properly.
After treatment one we did a 50% change of water and run a filter with carbon for 12 hours then we started the eSHa Exit. Last night we gave them the second dose.
Molly looks active.
Gourami one looks more active
Gourami 2 is still very lethargic.
Gouramis are not eating and I dont know if theres a way to encourage them to do it

Hi @confusedman... I take it that the situation isn’t improving?

Im not an expert on fish diseases, so I can’t tell the two apart to be honest.. I do know that in the deep dark past though, I once had ich in my tank, and I also bought an appropriate treatment, which worked. I was advised to turn up the temp of the tank whilst I was treating, which apparently speeds up the life cycle of the of the parasite, therefore accelerating the cycle to when it becomes waterborne, which is when the medicine kills it... I haven’t seen that mentioned in the discussions on here so far, so thought it worth a mention. This is from the depths of my memory though, of a problem from years ago, but I just remember this detail from the advice I got at the time when buying the treatment.

Problem is, if it’s Epistylis, there’s no treatment legally available in the UK as antibiotics are required to treat comprehensively.... You can increase flow and tank cleanliness etc etc, but then you are at the mercy of the fishes already compromised immune system fighting it off 😩

Problem is, if it’s Epistylis, there’s no treatment legally available in the UK as antibiotics are required to treat comprehensively....
Hi @aquascape1987 & Everyone,

I suspect this may be an expensive route to pursue but I mention it anyway:

JPC

Gourami 1seems to have improved. He doesnt eat
Gourami 2 looks still and weak as before. She doesn't eat neither.
Black molly looks such and acts weird

Today is day 3 of the standard course of eSHa Exit

I dont know what to do next

Last edited:
All the fish seem to be better. Gouramis now eating.
Today is the last day of the extended treatment of eSHa Exit combined with eSHa 2000.
Tomorrow 50% change of water and hopefully the situation will be stable after that.
Considering using eSHa Optima.
Thank you everyone for your help

Harrison Ford has just been announced to play the lead in new film “Urgent help, please”

I’m glad your tank has recovered. This has been a tense read I have to say.
I hope Brian Blessed gets a cameo role;
"Fish still alive!". :)

Back