• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Have You Seen? Post a thread as a Question rather than a Discussion!

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi everyone,

Forum now as the built-in capability to handle question threads.

What is the difference?
This will enable a voting option panel on the right-hand side which a member can vote for the replies given, the starter of the thread or moderation team can also flag an answer as the answer to the question, or the best answer. Once that happens that answer will automatically be displayed below the first post in the thread as the answer.

Might be useful in some scenarios I will leave that to members discretion when to use, a post cannot be converted from Discussion to Question and vice-versa!

I have now enabled this on all the forum that are appropriate for questions to be asked under.

When starting a new thread you will have the option to post it as a question:

question post.PNG

You can also disable voting if you wish to!

Quick silly example just to highlight it:

question example.PNG

On the threads list it will show questions with ? icon, and if solved will have a tick next to it!

question list.PNG

Let me know what you think and if it's something we should leave enabled?

Cheers
Paulo

Last edited:
Sounds a great idea/addon. Someone asks a question then lots of different answers and who is correct, should help save having to read all the incorrect replies so could be very helpful

Back