• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Post Your Pics & Videos of the Great Outdoors

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
It'd be great if folk could post their pics of the Great Outdoors here to share with others :)

I'll start things moving with just a few iPhone snaps from a woodland walk today...

Awesome aquascape inspiration
41758886701_3b2eec036a_b.jpg

Fungi
26890707937_d12501bafd_b.jpg

Polytrichum sp.
26890830057_82dab8817f_b.jpg

looking that up Tim:) Think I saw something on the excellent Gardners World or Chelsea flower show. were they looked at Dahlia flowers and discussed this. Still trying to fully understand Wabi Sabi

Nice Topic Tim.. :) Worthy of a sticky..Good photo's i know how dificult it is to get the best angle to make a picture show what you see in the target.. I regularly see things like this in the old and damp little forest behind my house. It contains a lot of very old trees several always blow over crack or get ripped out of the ground about every storm that passes. Than the moss and ferns etc. take all over decaying the wood. It constantly changes with new inspirational sceneries.. Never realy took the camera with me when i do my regular stroll in there. I try not to forget next time.. :)

looking that up Tim:) Think I saw something on the excellent Gardners World or Chelsea flower show. were they looked at Dahlia flowers and discussed this. Still trying to fully understand Wabi Sabi
Or maybe Lucas Numbers...

Thanks Marcel, I just use my iPhone 8 camera. I keep edging toward buying a DSLR, but then I'm not sure it has anything more to offer than I'd use.
And the phone is always in my pocket. Usually, when I see something worth capturing it leaps out at me. I don't ever really go looking. A DSLR is really too big to carry everywhere.

i know how dificult it is to get the best angle to make a picture show what you see in the target
I just take a few pictures from different angles, including wider angles to make sure I've captured the image I want. The quality of the image is so good that there is still plenty of information left after I've cropped it.

Nice Topic Tim.. :) Worthy of a sticky..Good photo's i know how dificult it is to get the best angle to make a picture show what you see in the target.. I regularly see things like this in the old and damp little forest behind my house. It contains a lot of very old trees several always blow over crack or get ripped out of the ground about every storm that passes. Than the moss and ferns etc. take all over decaying the wood. It constantly changes with new inspirational sceneries.. Never realy took the camera with me when i do my regular stroll in there. I try not to forget next time.. :)
I love those old places. We have Ancient Woodlands in the UK, those that have been in existence since 1600 AD. The theory is that they're most likely remnants of the original wildwood that covered the country in the wake of the retreating glaciers 10,000 years ago. Some of them can be very foreboding though.

We have Ancient Woodlands in the UK, those that have been in existence since 1600 AD. The theory is that they're most likely remnants of the original wildwood that covered the country in the wake of the retreating glaciers 10,000 years ago. Some of them can be very foreboding though.

I bet the UK has lots more and much more intriguing ones than we do in our little frog country.. :) Actualy i live in the most natural area of the country, the Dutch mountains at the feet of the German Eifel and Belgium Ardennes. But unfortunately also vastly urbanized since the 1950 with here and there small forests but most are manicured.. That's why our erea is called Park City.. It used to be farmland and forests for miles and miles.. But around the 1940's they found coal, atracted vast numbers of mineworkers from all over the place and started urbanizing and exploiting. Little farmers vilages expanded into little cities and in between every little city is a little forest.. Mines are gone, ecomicaly crashed, forests what's left are devided and now to find a new identity all little dull, bankrupt and boring wanabe cities made one big Park City, so called proud to be the greenest urbanized area of the country. But economicaly 3th world region of the Netherlands, with the highest unemployment rates and not even 2 miles of straight forest strech left.. :) :(

But most forest patches left still date back to always i guess.. :) Very few are still left as they were, but 90% is paved, manicured and trimmed.

Last edited:
Whats rather funny, 0.5 mile north from my place is the largets forest in a 20 mile radius. It's only 542 acre and the majority is moor land.. But there runs a zigzag path through the wood area. If you walk it you think OMG this is a forest without end i'm lost!! And when i finaly reach the end sweating beans i realize i'm only 2 miles away from home.. Now that's forest management i wonder did they consult Darren Brown for the layout? :lol:

Back