• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Post Your Pics & Videos of the Great Outdoors

Autumn in my local woodland, taken on a walk today. It's Ancient Woodland and a SSSI and was recorded in the Doomsday Book, so it could be a remnant of the original wildwood that grew to cover the country in the wake of the retreating glaciers around 10.000 years ago.

IMG_4187.jpeg

Chatsworth House in Derbyshire

Two of Chatsworth's colourful Flame Trees near the James Payne bridge are well into their autumn colours. Shame it's so difficult to get to the house and grounds at the minute as every visit has to be pre-booked due to the restrictions.
Red Trees.jpg

Nice...Keep 'em coming. I think we're all going to need cheering up over the next month or so, and reminding that there is a world out there beyond our own neighbourhoods...:)

I visited Dartmoor with my family a couple of weeks back and had half an hour taking photos along the river Dart, which is absolutely gorgeous. They’re a little of the mark on focus and exposure, but I was in a rush and cared more about composition and rushing around taking photos from different perspectives. I think as Aquascaper there is a lot to be learnt from nature photography through composition, atmosphere and an understanding of nature.

DB637D58-47AA-4757-9F7C-A4FC602AF2E8.jpeg

CF725D00-44A6-48EB-9BC3-14B923743834.jpeg

EAEDDDD9-9C5D-41C0-9EAA-9F4FAFC2B383.jpeg

FD0C31F9-8FE1-42B5-915D-0E215DAE978F.jpeg
1503F994-6833-453D-84CC-9D73FF07AE75.jpeg

And my favourite by far,
C3603F1C-D86C-4B9D-8F33-7B46A20D23D1.jpeg

Attachments

• 46DEC1AB-8D0B-46C0-B821-B7479F5F8132.jpeg
    46DEC1AB-8D0B-46C0-B821-B7479F5F8132.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 144
I visited Dartmoor with my family a couple of weeks back and had half an hour taking photos along the river Dart, which is absolutely gorgeous.
Stunning river and area, reminds me of the hours I spent walking/fishing along that river growing up. Can really immerse yourself in the atmosphere and trickling river,

Really pleased to learn that my image of the Winter Blue Tit has won the Matlock Photographer Of The Year competition for me. The competition theme for 2020 was Derbyshire Wildlife. It's a great feeling to know that others enjoy the work that I do, makes all the early mornings and late nights worthwhile.
Blue Tit Matlock.jpg

Really pleased to learn that my image of the Winter Blue Tit has won the Matlock Photographer Of The Year competition for me. The competition theme for 2020 was Derbyshire Wildlife. It's a great feeling to know that others enjoy the work that I do, makes all the early mornings and late nights worthwhile.View attachment 156917

Congrats @BarryH that is a beautiful image.

Last edited:
Really pleased to learn that my image of the Winter Blue Tit has won the Matlock Photographer Of The Year competition for me.
:clap::clap::clap::clap: congrats, that is a stunning photo :) well deserved

Really pleased to learn that my image of the Winter Blue Tit has won the Matlock Photographer Of The Year competition for me. The competition theme for 2020 was Derbyshire Wildlife. It's a great feeling to know that others enjoy the work that I do, makes all the early mornings and late nights worthwhile.
Congrats! Lovely picture :D

Back