• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Potential Burma tank

lukegordon1980

Hi guys sadly I lost my grandad on Monday to covid 86 days short of his 100th birthday. I’m planning on building a memorial tank to remember him with. So was thinking of doing biotope/ nature scape from either the Imphal or Burma area. But I’ve got no idea where to start. So any advice people can give on hardscape plants and stocking ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Tia Luke

First, condolences on your grandad, this must be tough

I think the memory aquarium is a grand idea

For Myanmar (Burma) you’re in good company over at Biotope Aquarium
- there are loads of interesting fish available (though you may need to make some requests at your lfs)
- plants, you’ll likely need to use aquatic nursery versions of plants that are documented for whatever region you choose
I suggest begin with the decision of aquarium size (this is going to narrow fish and plant selection)

And this one from George Farmer

Thanks that’s a great help to get me started. I’m planning on getting the aps 80cm ultra clear dimensions 80x40x45.

Hi Luke. Sorry to hear your sad news. A memorial tank is a lovely idea. Did your grandad have a connection to Imphal and Burma?

I wondered if that was it. My dad was wih the RAF in India too. Starting before the war, when it was all fun and adventure, and then of course, it all got more serious. Perhaps they met, but they were certainly brothers in arms. Dad almost made it to his 90th birthday, he too would have been 100 this year. Sorry again for your loss, and best wishes at a difficult time.
Ian.

Back