• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Potential fish food?

Majsa

I must have been a little enthousiastic feeding my shrimp (in the shrimp-only setup) and now I have an invasion of some kind of bugs in the tank. I am sorry my old iPhone won't make better pictures than this...the bugs walk on the glass and swim rather smoothly near the glass, and seem to prefer the lightest corner of the tank. They are oval in shape and I don't see any antennas. What could these be, ostracods maybe? These don't seem to do any harm, but would they have any nutritional value if I feed them to the fish? I am quite sure the CPD's eat them, as I had the bugs when cycling their tank but they disappeared within hours when the CPD's where introduced.

This makes me wonder, I am going to move the shrimp soon so I will have an empty, cycled 45L tank left running on Dennerle corner filter XL. Would this be suitable for culturing cyclops, at least temporarily? I have only small fish, neon tetra all the biggest.

IMG_2282.JPG

Back