• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Potential Stock List help

Monkfish

When I get the new tank set up I would like to add more fish than just the CPD I have now. The tank will 120L 80L x 35D x 45H cm, plenty of plants and some branches in there too.

My plan was to stock with:

10 CPD (I currently have 4 adults, but loads of fry growing so would put some of those in the main tank when bigger)
5 or 6 Ember Tetra
3 Sparkling Gourami (hoping these would be ok with an open top tank)
6 pygmy corydoras
1 Bristlenose (already in smaller tank)
Cherry Red Shrimp (have a few at moment but would keep an eye on their numbers)

There are others such as Psuedomugil Gertrudae, Apistomgramma Trifaciata, cherry barb and Rocket Panchax that caught my eye, buy I know I can't have all the fish I like in there haha.

Would those numbers be OK? I was trying to go for fish that swim at different levels and also contrasting in colours. Or has anyone got any recommended fish that would contrast and compliment the CPD as i already have them?

Cheers

My view would be to keep stocking to 100cm of fish in a 120l. Therefore you have space to increase numbers which I would advise given you are going for small timid fish, having them in greater numbers will give then more confidence and youll see more of them.

That said I also like the idea of rocket panchax as they are the only true surface dweller on your list... the gourami will go everywhere in the tank with trips to the surface. Id also keep more of them so that any in-fighting is spread out between them rather than focussed on one individual.

How about...

8 CPD = 16cm
8 Ember Tetra = 16cm
6 Sparkling Gourami = 18cm
8 pygmy corydoras = 16cm
8 Rocket Panchax = 16cm
Bristlenose = 12cm
=94cm

The pygmy corys don't hang on the bottom as much as most corys so if layering is important you could consider habrosus for the same size but more bottom dwelling.

Matt, thanks for those numbers they look really good and great I can include the Panchax. Oh and by the way, your Scape Easy site has really helped me out with scape ideas and info so thanks again!

tam, thats good to know, I'll take a look at Habrosus, didn't;t know they would be the same size, thanks.

Back