• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Powerhead and lighting on a budget.

mr. luke

I have a 25l tank with a male betta, 8 amano shrimps and (as of yesterday) 6 galaxy rasboras/cpd's or whatever the name of the week is.
Quite chuffed with these as they are already showing off to each other so im assuming ill be getting babies soon enough :)
Planted with hc and dwarf hairgrass.
Lighting is 2x20w desk lamps (little halogen bulb ones).
C02 is via a tetra thing that sits inside the tank and 3 drips of an easy carbo substitute per day (3x overdose but nothing is affected by this)
filteration is apaling, im using a tiny internal filter that came with the tank (second hand) made by rena.

Id like to upgrade the filter, lighting, powerhead and get a pressurised kit for the tank.

Things im struggling with are the powerhead and lighting.
The lighting is fine for this tank, but when i upgrade to a 45l will it be enough then?
Also, what lph should i be looking for on a powerhead? i read 10x turnover? im going to have it low down in the tank so the betta can stil swim at the top without being pressed into the side of the tank.
Any recomendations of cheap lighting and powerheads i should look at?

thanks for the link.
The tank will be about 14 gallons so 2 would give not even 2wpg.
Would the be enough for plants like hc and riccia?

Back