• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Powerhead ... juwel wave creator

AlexH

Hi guys

So been doing some reseearch and i realise that whilst i have a Fluval 406 which has a good flow rate for my 180L tank... its not quite sufficient as per the x10 rule!

I was thinking of investing in a powerhead and the fluval wave creator looks good....

I dont want to spend too much.

Am i right in thinking that a powerhead isnt a filter - its JUST to create circulation?

Any other recommendations aside from what im considering?

Thanks!
Alex

Hello :) yes you are right. Powerheads just increase water movement and nutritions movement around the tank (higher flow rate). You can also chech Hydor Koralia range as they are good rated and kinda not overpriced!

I've just odered the Hydor Koralia evolution nano 2200 for my 190ltr this should boost my flow exponentially with my Eheim 350 pro 4

I've just odered the Hydor Koralia evolution nano 2200 for my 190ltr this should boost my flow exponentially with my Eheim 350 pro 4
Hi Carpman, how good is the flow in the pro 4, I'm tempted to buy one for my 80x40x40 (128) liters.

Hi Carpman, how good is the flow in the pro 4, I'm tempted to buy one for my 80x40x40 (128) liters.
I would love to be able to answer your question but as this is my first external filter I dont have any knowledge to compare it with. You'll be better off asking that question in the forum sorry not a lot of help.
What I do know is it's whisper quite and I do get a very gentle movement at 60cm deep.

Im considering the all pond solutions wavemakeer 2000... its only £15.

Anyone got any thoughts or comments on it....? or "all pond solutions" generally?

Thanks

All my cheap wavemakers failed in under two years and were very noisy. I only use koralia's now, expensive, last longer than two years and are considerably quieter than the £15 China ones.

All my cheap wavemakers failed in under two years and were very noisy. I only use koralia's now, expensive, last longer than two years and are considerably quieter than the £15 China ones.

Thanks Ian

I dont think anymore needs to be said!

I was considering the Koralia, found a website doing the 1600 for £25

I imagine this is sufficient alongside a Fluval 406 on a 180L tank in terms of flow?

Thanks

Back