• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PPM Differences between EI and PPMD (as per James Website)

Aeropars

Hi Guys,

I've been reading up more and more on the numbers side of dosing shedules and I just want to check my findings were right.

I'm using Nutri-Calc as the preferred calculator and heres my findings.

Basing these results on a solution mixed with 500ml of water and dosing 10ml a day in a 180 litre tank (500ml should then last 50 doses) with daily dosing for 7 days a week.

KN03 - PPMD shows as mixing 17 grams per 500ml. Each dose would therefore be 0.34 grams. EI in Nutri-Calc says I should be dosing 1.14 grams per dose. If i'm right then its massivly under the EI dose.

KH2P04 - PPMD says 1.5 gram per 500ml in a solution. Each daily dose would then equate to 0.03 grams. EI says it should be 0.32 grams per dose.

So theres only 2 comparisons at the mo as my time has ran out but can anyone tell me if i worked it our correctly? If so then I'm curious about whether I am under dosing or not. I know theres EI loves and PPMD lovers on this forum so I'd be interested to hear the thoughts.

Lee

Lee,
It is no secret that PMDD doses a lower PO4/NO3 concentration that EI. Pick a method and follow it. Then try the other method and see what works better for you. More nutrients always mean more growth. It's that simple. Each has an advantage and each hobbyist chooses the method consistent with their own goals. It's therefore not a matter of which is more "right", but instead, which is more suitable.

Cheers,

Hi Clive,

Sorry, I didnt mean it as a right and wrong method. I was pretty supprised to see just how much difference there was in these 2 elements alone. Learning things like this are helping me understand better the advantages and disadvantages. I'm still waiting for the funds to get my 3rd tank up and running where i'll be trying EI and tropica PN+ at different times.

Now i'm starting to understand the math behind it all i actually quite enjoy the dosing part!

Back