• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"...full tank shot

hogan53 said:
,where did you get the tenellus from?

due to forum rules, and being a sponsor of the site, i cant say names...but here's a clue :D

begins in P...ends in X

it's the vitro cups and their excellent!

rules are rules, and i'll always abide by them..the best i can.
:D
I wouldnt expect too much in the way of images for a good few weeks. I'm awaiting my new PC which is being built by cyberpower PC UK.

i'm a bit gutted about the loss of recent works though. that'l teach me!

The 'scape is looking good mate. Very simple, which I like, but perhaps too simple for some tastes. I do think that this will look so much better once the plants are fully mature, and soften the impact of the three stones.

I also reckon it's one that can only be really truly be appreciated in person, due to it's size. Perhaps an in-situ photo may help to convey the sense of scale?

Real shame about your PC going down. It reminds me that I should be backing up my own stuff more regularly!

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to an update when you have a computer again. You don't fancy a Mac then??!

Cheers George.

yeah, i reckon it's abit too siple for most, but then were used to some clever sapes these days and i just want to go down the simple road for a bit... old school amano iwagumi.

The rocks are already softend by the grass and tenellus and were just 3 weeks in. given another 6 weeks and it should look pucker. you heard it here first....I will be entering IAPLC with this ;)

fish choice next!

George Farmer said:
You don't fancy a Mac then??!

:lol: nah mate. all my software is PC. The spec of my new PC will make your eyes water. ive gone for RAW power for my video editing. everything in the pc is overclaockable too with interneal water cooling sytems installed.

Fish choice.

This is tough, thinking about the final images and all that. My problem is which background would look best, black or white.

I can take good images of both, and the scape would work. It's the fish that would decide the final outcome.

cardinals would work in both black and white. platinum tetras would work with black only, but look amazing.

harlequins would work with both and purple harlquins again, works with both but would suit the white background better.

This is tough!

Re: "Prairie Lands"...choosing fish!

wet days are never good. I always ending up spending money.

i've bought 8 harlequins. looks like my minds made up. They need to colour up, but i reckon they'll look just fine when theres about 40 or so :D

cheers Mark, well if this is IAPLC then let's go to the details ;)

From last year contest book in the first 100 tanks i counted only 21 tanks which used black or very dark colors 21%.
55 tank used white or very light background 55%
the rest used some blue or some other colors between the 2 ends.

From the top 27 counted 5 black background tanks, but there was not any in the top 10. ;)

Since you're the quality guy here the goal is the top 10 or the top 27 where you will have very hard time with black background. :lol:

Go for the white.

Harlequins were in 4 tanks from the top 10. And they looked good with white background or a light one.
i am with you man! ;) :clap: :angelic:

Nelson, Viktor. cheers guys.

i've took some test shots with the white background and it looks way better than the black. much more natural. The grass type plants actually look like there part of nature, rather than confined to an aquarium. I'm happy so far. :thumbup:

top 10 or 27 eh viktor? :lol: top 800 will do.

If i can maintain plant health as it is now, i should score well for this. 8)

I spoke with my mate james and said i could invite people around to find algae, anyone who finds it wins £10! :lol: ...i've just 'kiss of death' it :crazy:

Looks like its doing really well Mark good work,
regards,
john.

cheers john :thumbup:

i've had a slight chamge of mind on the fish front....i've seen a really unusual fish would look insane in this tank ;)

George Farmer said:
A shoal of balloon rams?!

your telapathic mate i'm sure :lol:

my 'cool' idea is no more. I was thinking of red tail sharks, but they butcher each other acording to good sources.

Now there are Many fish I think would look awesome in here.
Wood/Bagrid Cats
Armored Tetra
Glass Gobies
Glass Fish
the list goes on, but whatever you have chosen ultimately will suit your asthetics. :)

cheers gill, i'll check those out :thumbup:

so!... no computer, no decent monitor to work with, no spull chick....erm spell check

i'm a tad lost! i've secretly stuck a couple of images on the wifes (really poor) laptop. I've took them in the lowest image quality my camera could give (for space) and uplaoded straight to photobucket.

hopefully, they'll give a sense of whats happening at the moment :D

1-8.jpg

Hi Mark,out of interest and i have looked back through the journal,what type of substrate is it ?,
regards,
john.

john starkey said:
what type of substrate is it ?,

Hi John! :D well, i've got to abide by the forum rules mate so i'll text you matey :thumbup:

I can say though, it's one of the best ones i've usd for many reasons! no clouding, less ammonia release, it dont break down even after 3 scapes, holds it's shape brilliantly (sloped) and is way cheaper than the 'leading' brands.

My dosing regime is different in this tank. A lot less in the way of ferts, and lights seems to be doin ood. co2 remains high though. ferts matches the light output.

If anyone wants to come around for an evening, their more than welcome! :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
If anyone wants to come around for an evening, their more than welcome! :thumbup:

On my way now! :geek: Would love to see it in the flesh :lol: :lol: :lol:

andyh said:
On my way now! Would love to see it in the flesh

white with 1or 2 sugars? :D

anytime mate. maybe 3 or 4 weeks and it should look full, so maybe then? bit of a saturday ukaps meet.

Back